Wednesday 17 January 2018

Undergraduate Physics Research Internships

One of my roles at the University of Leicester is to manage the SURE Programme (Summer Undergraduate Research Experience), which provides opportunities for paid summer jobs working with our researchers in the Department of Physics and Astronomy.  Typically, we're able to offer 5-6 positions each year to 3rd-year undergraduates from the UK.  However, I receive something like 100 applications, meaning that I have to turn some 95% of applicants away.  I've never found a decent list of internship opportunities (maybe to whittle down to the most persistent undergraduates!).  But I'll do my best to keep a list here - no promises to keep it up to date!

UK-Based


Overseas and Open to UK Undergraduates:
  • Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI): Space Astronomy Summer Program  http://www.stsci.edu/institute/smo/students [I benefited from this as an undergraduate in 2003, working alongside Dr. Frank Summers on an outreach project.]

No comments:

Post a Comment